2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

With Christmas break only days away, Christmas is on the minds of students. This week, the staff wrote about their favorite Christmas tradition.

Kwame Anim-Somuah

My favorite holiday tradition is when my family goes to New York City to see my grandma. There’s nothing better than spending the best season in the biggest city in the world. A lot of my family that lives out of the country will fly in, and it’s always great to be around everyone playing games and dancing. 

Lindsay Armanini

Tyler Chermack

Josie Dufala

Lauren Middleton

Every December just before Christmas has arrived, my family and I gather around my grandparents dining room table and decorate Christmas cookies together as a family. This tradition has been going on in my family sense long before my grandparents had children. It’s a special moment where the whole family is together, and there’s a sense of peace in the air knowing everyone’s home for Christmas. All different sorts of Sprinkles, frosting and tiny candies lay directly in the middle of the table. Everyone tells stories around the table; this tradition makes my heart feel fulfilled, I love being able to spend this time with my family. It’s truly a blessing. 

John Santone
Dominick Scarpino
My favorite Christmas tradition takes place on Christmas Eve. Every year, my entire family goes to my grandparents’ house. We have a large dinner with ham, potatoes, various dips, and lots of cookies. It normally is a 4 to 5 hour event. I really like it because it is a nice way to see all of my family and to enjoy some really delicious food.