2016

2015

2014

The Future: Unveiling Cathedral Prep’s Top Entrance Exam Performers

Every year, students who intend to attend Cathedral Prep must take the High School Placement Test free of charge. Over 200 students representing 30 public and private schools sat for this exam this year. Mr. Tim Dougherty, Vice President of Enrollment Management, provided some insight on how the scores of students go alongside other pieces to determine the admission of a future rambler.

“The entrance exam is one piece of information that goes into admitting a student,” Mr. Dougherty said. “The exam is one of many things that will admit a student and vice versa. We analyze the grades 6-8 transcripts, report cards, and teacher/principal evaluations to determine the course level of each student.”

The top fifteen scorers on the test (listed below) will receive a scholarship based on their accomplishments.

James Cullen of Saint George, Sadie Pituch of Our Lady of Peace, Tristan Hiner of Erie Day, Thomas Fortin of Our Lady of Peace and Robert Seelinger of Luther Memorial Academy received a $2,500 tuition scholarship.

Mia Koket of Walnut Creek Middle School, Collin Lucas of Northwestern Middle School, Benjamin Weaver and Zoe Murphy of J.S. Wilson Middle School, and Rachel Kim received a $1,000 tuition scholarship.

Stella Burket of Seton Catholic, Cole Brown of The Learning Center, Zita Schiedel of Saint George, Samantha Mifsud of Saint Luke, and Alexander Rose of Saint George received a $500 tuition scholarship.

Our Lady of Peace eighth grader Sadie Pituch gave insight into her exam preparation.

“I didn’t have any specific motive to do exceptionally well on the exam,” she said. “I just knew I wanted to do somewhat well but not necessarily be one of the top scorers. I think the best way I stayed focused while preparing was by just looking over the study guide right before we got taken to the basement of the Cathedral.”

Congratulations to all future ramblers on this achievement, and The Rambler hopes to see you at Prep in the Fall.