2016

2015

2014

What are you doing for Lent this year?

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which means the season of Lent is upon us. As a Catholic school, this time of year is particularly meaningful to our school community. Our staff wrote this week about what they are doing for Lent this year.

Kwame Anim-Somuah

This year I have decided to give up Chick-fil-A for Lent. I have a bad habit of spending money on Chick-fil-A after my Gannon class and to try and break this habit, I feel that giving it up for Lent is a great way of cutting back. I am also going to try and attend Mass two times a week as some way to do better as well in my Lenten journey. As long as I put my mind to it, I should be able to complete my goals. 

Lindsay Armanini

Tyler Chermack

Josie Dufala

Lauren Middleton

This upcoming year for Lent I will be investing more time into prayer. This will allow God to come forward in my life and help me to stand on the firm foundation He has placed for me. I will be taking that step in my everyday life. This event will help bring me closer to God in this Lenten season. I will also be giving up chocolate as a sacrifice just as Jesus sacrificed himself for our sins. I eat chocolate everyday, so this will be a sacrifice.  

John Santone
This Lent, I would like to focus on self-growth and physical health along with spiritual growth. I am going to give up drinking soda for its duration. I have been slowly drinking less and less sugary drinks over the last few weeks even though I enjoy them, so I believe it is a fitting sacrifice for Lent.  
Dominick Scarpino
I am going to give up drinking soda. I drink way too much soda for my own good. I feel that this is a good opportunity to try to be healthier. I also would like to try to spend more time with my family on the weekends. I want to try to make a few more memories in high school with them before I graduate and move on to college.