2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: Patrick Kabasinski (’15)

Last year, in my Business, Law, and Ethics class, I was blessed with the opportunity to hear from a Cathedral Prep alumni (and brother of Prep science teacher Ms. Kelly Kabasinski) and was so inspired by what he had to say that I received his contact information, which led to the beginning of a great relationship between myself and Patrick Kabasinski, class of 2015.

Kabasinski, a two-sport AP student at Prep, credits his high school experience with helping him achieve his goals as an Assistant Prosecutor in Akron, Ohio.

“In the immediate future, college was relatively easy compared to Prep,” Kabasinski said. “The course work at Prep and the high standards teachers hold you to made college courses a breeze. In the long term, Prep prepared me to be truly a man that I can be proud of. I hope those around me can be proud of it, too.”

Unlike some of his classes at Prep, the decision to become a Rambler came easily to this Millcreek native.

“In my childhood, I attended Millcreek Schools, notably Belle Valley and JS Wilson,” Kabasinski said. “When it came to deciding where I would attend high school, there was no question that Prep was the best school for my future.”

The high school relationships we discussed still seem to be some of Patrick’s strongest friendships. Prep’s legacy and mark on the community are incredible.

“Not only did I make lasting friendships with my classmates that I still have, but the unique relationships with teachers and coaches are something no other school has,” Kabasinski said. “To this day, I have teachers who check in on me and coaches who see how I am doing, and those relationships are priceless.”

Patrick also shared some of his best times in a blue Oxford shirt.

“Who does not love all the rallies, state title runs, and big school moments? However, for me, my favorite Prep memory is remembering how excited my teachers were for my successes,” he said. “They truly care about their students.”

I proceeded to ask him about the biggest inspiration in his life.

“Through the selflessness of my father and the love and care from my mother, my parents sacrificed everything and anything to allow my sister and I to strive for our dreams,” Kabasinski said. I spent countless hours playing every sport I could, supporting my sister in her endeavors, and making countless family memories. I would truly be nothing without the support and love they showered me with, and I will never be able to thank them enough. My family, both current and future, is my inspiration and motivation not only to succeed but to thrive.”

Kabasinski left some guidance and words of encouragement for current Ramblers.

“Embrace Prep, do not take it for granted,” he said. “Your time at Cathedral Prep is a privilege; hundreds of kids yearn to be in your position and have the opportunity to hold a diploma from Prep. Your family has sacrificed more than you will ever know to give you the best opportunity for your future; do not make them a fool. Be in the moment. Do the extra activities you think will be there next time because before you know it, you blink your eyes, and it will all be gone.”