2016

2015

2014

Prep performs Living Stations of the Cross

On Thursday, March 28, Cathedral Prep Campus Ministry hosted the first ever Living Stations of the Cross that was performed during the school day for the Prep student body in the school auditorium. Students could volunteer to either sing or play different characters in the performance.

“The ceremony was a very nice way to transition into Easter break,” senior Michael Duffy said. “It made the entire story feel more alive by actually having people act out all of the parts of the Stations of the Cross. The singing was also an excellent touch that added to the enjoyability of the program.”

The idea to have a Living Stations of the Cross performance is one that has been in the works for a long time.

“I have always wanted to do a Living Stations of the Cross for Prep,” program director Fr. Mike said. “The last time I did something like this was about 25 years ago. We performed the program on about a rehearsal and a half of practice. I am very happy with how the program turned out, and from what I have heard, all the students and faculty enjoyed the performance as well. This is definitely going to become an annual tradition for the school.”

The actors who played the various roles also found the experience nothing but rewarding.

“It was really enjoyable to perform such an important event in front of the student body,” said senior Clare DiGiacomo, who played Mary. “I really appreciated how all the students took a very respective attitude toward the entire event. That made it a lot more impactful for everyone.”