2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: Chris Ehrman (’81)

Frisina_Nicholas_2016-01-07_1335_a5Chris Ehrman, owner of Allburn Florist, is a proud alumni of Cathedral Prep. Graduating in 1981, Ehrman used his talents and experiences he learned at Prep to help him excel through college and even still uses them to this day.
As a young man Chris had always wanted to attend Prep. With his father and uncles all graduating from there it motivated him to join them in their high school choice. Many of his friends were also choosing Prep as their school to continue their education. His favorite thing about Prep was that it was an all boys school.
Ehrman currently leads his employees in the greatest floral work in all of Erie at Allburn Florist. However, this wasn’t his only job. He first started working at Gannon University as an admissions counselor, a job that came after he graduated from Gannon. He attended Gannon after he graduated from Prep with many AP credits to benefit him in his college career. Ehrman is a firm believer that Prep truly assisted him in preparing him for his college education,  saying, “Prep taught great study habits. Prep also taught me how to handle multiple classes and still
succeed.”
Ehrman enjoyed his senior year the most. “When you’re a senior, you rule the school,” he said. While at Prep one of his favorite experiences was when he went to the 1980 state championship basketball game when Prep played Allentown. Before the game he took his SAT test, and after he finished that he hopped on the bus and traveled down to Hershey. Ehrman was an involved student, taking part in the Latin Legionnaires club as well as the Teenage Actions club. Then came senior year when Ehrman was proud to call himself a member of the pep squad, or as it’s known today, the rally crew.
Ehrman uses many of the things he learned at Prep still today. He is very appreciative of how his classes at Prep taught him to work hard. He also uses the creativity he learned from his art classes in his business. Ehrman is proud to be a part of the Prep network saying, “The Prep network is awesome.” He uses this network to assist other Prep alumni and when he needs something done he seeks the help from another Prep alum. He is also still friends with many of his classmates. Overall Chris is proud to be a part of the Prep legacy, and he can usually be spotted at the 50-yard line with his father and brother at every Prep football game.