2016

2015

2014

Pittsburgh synagogue shooter pleads not guilty

Uncredited/AP/REX/Shutterstock
Mandatory Credit: Photo by Uncredited/AP/REX/Shutterstock (9948016a) This undated Pennsylvania Department of Transportation photo shows Robert Bowers, the suspect in the deadly shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh on Shooting Synagogue – 27 Oct 2018

Robert Bowers, 46, has been accused for many crimes, and could even face the death penalty for his actions last Saturday. Bowers reportedly walked into a synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pa., expressing his extreme desire to “kill all Jews” while opening fire upon the people inside the church. Bowers killed 11 people that day, and severely injured more, some being policeman. The suspect was hospitalized for 2 days, but since has been in the federal prison’s hands.  
http://gty.im/1054586810
During the court hearing on Thursday, Bowers sat in the orange jumpsuit, handcuffed on all limbs, listening to the many crimes against him. He sat there, with no facial expressions, in the court room. When the court was finished reading off his 44 potential crimes, he pleaded not guilty. While also pleading not guilty, Bowers also asked for a jury trial. All throughout the court room, people were shocked while the suspect sat there with zero face expressions. The suspect also answered the many questions people asked him, each with a straight face and simple, one-worded answers. 
Tyler Iacobucci, a current Prep student and frequent Pittsburgh visitor, spoke his feelings about this situation. “I was appalled when I heard the news about the horrific incident,” he said. “There should be no act like this in life, and it is extremely disgusting. I will pay a visit to the vigil.”
The Pittsburgh community, the areas nearby, and the nation is shocked, disgusted, and saddened by the actions of Robert Bowers on Saturday.