2016

2015

2014

Rambler hockey team earns first PIHL win of the year

On Thursday, Nov. 29, Cathedral Prep’s ice hockey team was excited to earn their first league win of the season in a 5-1 victory over the Cannon McMillan Big Macs at Mercyhurst University ice rink. The Ramblers were led by junior Jake Kruszewski, who scored a hat trick, and junior goaltender Seth Faulkner, who played solid between the pipes, only allowing one goal and coming up with many big time saves. This victory was long overdue for the Ramblers, who started off their PIHL season with seven straight losses, but with momentum from this big win and a jam-packed schedule for the remainder of the season, it would appear that things are looking up. 
Along with their win on Thursday, Prep also picked up three more consecutive wins against Fenwick Prep, University School, and DeMatha Prep competing in the National Invitational Scholastic Showcase in Jamestown, N.Y. this weekend. They made it all the way to the semifinals of the tournament before eventually falling to North Allegheny 3-2 early Sunday morning and snapping their four-game win streak. Regardless of the loss on Sunday, Prep still has over half of their league games remaining, where they’ll surely try to keep up the good play and get back into position for another deep playoff run in February. 
Despite the busy week, the Ramblers are right back at it come Tuesday, Dec. 4, as they will travel to Pittsburgh to take on the Central Catholic Vikings in an important PIHL matchup. This game is a great chance for the Ramblers to pickup another league win and keep their recent momentum going.