2016

2015

2014

Key Club hosts 29th annual Christmas dinner

On Sunday, Dec. 9, Cathedral Prep’s Key Club held it’s 29th annual Christmas Dinner in the Prep cafeteria for the homeless. This event was more than just a warm meal for the less fortunate, but also an opportunity for them to receive winter hats, gloves, socks, clothes, and a gift for each child in attendance. This highly anticipated event is an amazing way to spread holiday cheer to the community and help those who are less fortunate than ourselves. 
Cathedral Prep’s Key Club works very hard each and every year to make this dinner a success. The club holds many fundraisers within the school and asks the public for donations. Members put forth a great deal of time and effort to make sure that everything gets done for the big day. While members of Key Club work very hard to put on the event, it would not have been possible without the help of Campus Ministry and Food First. 
Campus Ministry helps out a lot each year by collecting toys to give to each child that attends the Christmas Dinner. They campaign throughout the school and get students to give back and donate gifts for kids who may not receive any presents on Christmas morning. The management and staff of Food First put in endless hours to make sure that there was going to be enough food for everyone in attendance. The meal would not have been made possible without them, and Key Club is ever grateful of their generosity. 
The Christmas Dinner is the largest event put on each year by Cathedral Prep’s Key Club. This year the meal was held from 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. and about 1,000 meals were served. The dinner was a huge success this year, and Key Club hopes it will continue to thrive in the future. 
Mr. Parsons, the Key Club faculty advisor, said, “We served countless people and were able to provide them with more than we ever have. Our executive board went above and beyond and put in countless hours. Underclassmen have large shoes to fill, but I am very confident they will step up to the challenge.” 
This event is a fantastic way to spread love and charity to the Erie community, and live out the Catholic mission in which Cathedral Prep is built upon. The Christmas Dinner truly is a great opportunity to interact with marginalized members of the Erie community, as our faith calls us to do.