2016

2015

2014

Rambler football looks to the future

There’s nothing like high school football as the Ramblers get ready to start up the new season. Leading the charge, Coach Mike Mischler looks forward to coaching his men.

The Cathedral Prep football team won its third straight PIAA Class 4A championship this past fall, and eight members will advance on to play at the college level. The Prep football commits include standout running back Billy Lucas to Duquesne and lineman Chris Oliver to Bowling Green on the Division I level as well as and Jordan Covatto (Gannon), Jeffrey Bone (Gannon), Joey Scarabino (Notre Dame College), Regan Schleicher (Clarion), Darius Williams (Millersville) and Ervin Williams (Clarion) on the Division II level.

Billy Lucas had an outstanding season, becoming the second player in school history with 3,971 career rushing yards to go with 59 touchdowns. Even though Cathedral Prep loss 9 seniors, they still want another shot to go back to Hershey.

Two wrestlers from the wrestling team will be returning to the field. Kareem Carson and Dorian Crosby, who recently committed to Bucknell for wrestling, will be key contributors to the football team next season.

Football is more than just a game. It is about school and community pride, playing alongside friends, many of whom have known each other since kindergarten. When the Friday Night Lights gleam around town, entire cities shut down and everyone convenes at the local high school football game.

Players and coaches pour it all out on the field in an effort to prevail. For the Ramblers, non-mandatory workouts will start the first week of July with mandatory practice starting around August 12th with heat acclimation.

Offensive coordinator Coach Conley spoke about this upcoming year’s team. He said, “As always we hate to see last year’s senior leave. The team coming back, we are excited for and feel has a great deal of potential. While we have large holes to fill, we look forward to seeing players take the next step developmentally and make this team their own. Each year has different challenges but if we come together as a family and get better every day we have a chance to reach that potential.”

We look forward to seeing the Rambler community cheering on their school again next season.