2016

2015

2014

Teacher Profile: Mr. Waylon Duncan

Teacher Profile: Mr. Waylon Duncan

New Theology teacher, Mr. Waylon Duncan, has arrived for the 2019-20 school year. The courses he teaches are Theology III as well as the Faces of Good and Evil elective. The previous teacher, Mr. Jason Ladouceur, moved on to an administrative position at St. George exited, so there was an opening for a junior level theology teacher. Mr. Duncan attended Gannon University, and spent time at St. Mark’s Seminary studying philosophy and theology. 

Junior Justin Gavio described Mr. Duncan’s class as a “faith-filled environment, conducted by a teacher who is well-educated in the various fields of religion.” Mr. Duncan has a daily class routine: opening with scripture, educating the class about the Roman Catholic saint of the day as well as the Eastern Orthodox. He tells the class about their loyalty to the faith, miracles, special skills, or their respected connection to different people and patronage. 

On testing days, Mr. Duncan will ask the students to ask Saint Joseph of Cupertino (patron saint of test takers) to pray for them before the exam. The material gone over through class has mostly consisted of sacraments and architecture of the faith. 

One of the most enjoyable things about Mr. Duncan’s theology class is that he answers every question students ask with serious thought and interesting responses. When it comes to debunking conspiracy theories or proving parables, Mr. Duncan has the answers. 

When asked who his professional motivators were, he said, “C.S. Lewis and Cardinal Sarah,” who are two inspirational characters with insightful knowledge for sure.

Mr. Duncan was finally asked what he wants his students to remember him by. He said, “A faithful son of the church.” The new theology teacher Mr. Duncan is easily defined as a great fit for the school.