2016

2015

2014

Navy hospital ship USNS Comfort docked at NYC Harbor

Officials have sent a U.S. Naval ship to help out during this pandemic situation, although it’s not for coronavirus patients.

With hospital beds filling up in infected New York City, this ship is for people with any problem required for the hospital. As of the writing of this article, the ship is holding 22 patients. The ship holds 1,000 beds prepared for more action.

The crew is ordered to social distance and stay on the ship at all times. The ship has a history of helping out injured American people at the port of New Orleans during Katrina, after the earthquake in Haiti in 2010, during the Gulf War in the Arabian Sea, and even in New York after 9/11.

“We will establish a bubble around this ship to make sure we’re doing everything to keep it out,” Capt. Joseph O’Brien, commodore of Task Force New York City, said in an interview from the Comfort on Sunday.

A new report is that there a is case among one of the civilian care workers who is in isolation. This being said, there could be an extraction of the patient or the constant isolation for the person.