2016

2015

2014

Villa students excited for new course offerings for 2022-23 school year

Villa Maria Academy and Cathedral Prep merging onto one campus for the 2022-23 is opening up many opportunities for both campuses. For example, it is allowing everyone who attends to utilize the new STEM Center being built, which is something that could not happen if the two campuses stayed apart.

Another great aspect is combining the schools’ amazing staff of teachers and instructors to allow all students the ability to learn from them through a variety of classes. While administration incorporated some Prep classes into Villa this year and vise versa through Microsoft Teams, most students agree it is more difficult to learn online than in person. Therefore, the campuses are being combined and all classes will be offered to both boys and girls in the future. 

For example, some new classes being offered in the Business, Computer, and Info Technology department are Business Law & Ethics, Drones, Exploratory Engineering Honors, Graphic Design, and Robotics. 

Sophomore Ella Cain will be a junior next year, and while she is nervous, she is super excited for the new environment that she’s going to be in next year. She is happy to be offered all of these new classes because of the merge. 

“I am excited to be offered new classes as well as new opportunities to learn more,” she said. “I am a mix of excited and scared for next year and being with the boys because many of them aren’t happy about the girls being there.”

Ella also gave a class that she’s excited and hopes to take as well as some positive feedback on the other classes she hopes to take in the future. 

“A class I think would be fun to take next year is Ceramics,” she said. “I know it’s not new, but I’ve heard it’s fun to take. I’m also hoping to get into more of the fun, relaxing electives like Ceramics. Like I said, I wanted to take that or even Painting. From what I’ve heard, they seem really laid back and relaxing, and sometimes I need a break from all the work I have. I would be learning something out of my comfort zone, so those kinds of classes would be awesome to take.”

Cecelia Campbell, who will be a senior at Prep next year, is also excited. 

“There are so many more classes being offered, which I am excited to take advantage of,” she said. “I am really looking forward to taking Death and Dying as well as Cyber Security.”