2016

2015

2014

Outreach Day 2022

On Outreach Day this past Wednesday, May 18, the students at Prep and Villa participated in different acts of service throughout the city of Erie. Prep and Villa do this to teach their students that helping others is the best way to give back. The juniors, specifically, went around and helped students at the different grade schools. Olivia Buckel and Cecelia Campbell were two juniors who had a great time interacting and helping out the kids at the grade schools. 

Olivia was one who helped out the preschool kids. She also described how excited she was for Outreach Day because she had missed out on it in previous year due to the pandemic. 

“Since I had no opportunity to experience Outreach Day these past years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I was very much looking forward to it,” she said. “It felt really good to help out at St. Jude, and the preschoolers that I spent time with were amazing. They brought some fun into my day, and I could see how much the teachers appreciated our help.”

She also explained how her act of service made her feel. 

“I left the school feeling very fulfilled, and I hope to continue to help out my community over the summer,” Olivia stated. 

On the other hand, junior Cecelia Campbell and her group went to Mother Theresa Academy to help out. 

“At MTA, my group helped the 1st and 2nd graders with schoolwork, homework, and classroom activities,” she said. “I really like little kids and getting to spend the day with them was so fun.”

She also got to play with the kids as well. 

“The teachers even lets us play with the kids at recess. Me and my friends played basketball with them and they were so cute. It was such a good time. I love helping around my community, especially when it comes to being around little kids.”