2016

2015

2014

Prayers for Sharon High School

Last Friday, four Sharon High School football players were on their way home from watching a football game when they were in a head on crash with another car. Tragically, two of the four football players, Evan Gill and Corey Swartz were killed in the crash along with the father of two children in the other car. The other two boys in the car were taken to the hospital and treated for injuries. You can read the full news article here.
The playoff game was canceled for Saturday and was rescheduled for Monday, Nov. 11. On Monday, the Sharon Tigers played the Girard Yellow Jackets at Veterans Stadium in the District 10 quarterfinals. The conditions were horrendous with temperatures fluttering around the mid-20s. Not only that, but it was also snowing wildly, covering the ground completely within a matter of hours.
After a long, cold, loud three quarters, Sharon was on top of Girard 19-14. It stayed that way for almost all of the fourth quarter until a third down in Sharon territory when Girard scored with only 13 seconds remaining. The extremely loud and energetic Sharon sideline went silent. Girard converted the two point conversion and went up 22-19 over the tigers. After the kickoff and a big heave of a throw by the Sharon quarterback, the game was over. Girard won, and Sharon’s season came to an end in a heartbreaker.
The emotion of the Sharon team was clear, and an act of sportsmanship from Girard quarterback Joe Dunn showed what sports is meant to be about win or lose.
In this difficult time, our prayers go out to all the friends and families of those who were involved in the crash, especially the three families that lost loved ones.