2016

2015

2014

Teacher Profile: Mr. Bennett McCoy

Mr. Bennett McCoy is the newest addition to the theology department at Cathedral Prep. Mr. McCoy attended Gannon University where he got his degree in second education. Mr. McCoy graduated from Gannon University in 2020.

Mr. McCoy was a boy scout for many years, even achieving the highest rank becoming an Eagle Scout. Mr. McCoy had a troop guide who would help kids with basic learning skills which helped him foster a will to learn more and teach.

Mr. McCoy taught at Strong Vincent and Collegiate Academy before coming to Prep. He was originally a history teacher who taught seventh through twelfth grade who got put into the theology department at Prep. Mr. McCoy’s reasoning for teaching high schoolers is that he likes to hear the kid’s ideas and he enjoys the discussions that he can experience with them. Mr. McCoy said that teaching at Prep versus the other schools he’s been at are very different because of how much the school incorporates its religious beliefs and traditions as well as the school’s uniform.

One student of Mr. McCoy is senior Kwame Anim-Somauh.

“Mr. McCoy is a great teacher who keeps his students engaged and has great conversation with his students in class,” Kwame said.

Senior Kendall Rodriguez also has Mr. McCoy for class this year.

“Mr. McCoy is a great teacher and he enjoys his class,” Kendall said, “The way he teaches keeps me intrigued about what he is teaching.”

Mr. McCoy is a new addition to Prep. Make sure you say hello to him in the hallways and show him what Prep’s all about.