2016

2015

2014

Hall of Fame Inductees of 2023

There are some new faces in the Cathedral Prep Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame class of 2023 consists of Georgia DeMarco (Coach – Posthumously), Dr. Pat DeMarco ’84, Sr. Susan Doubet, O.S.B. ’65VMA (Coach), Charlie Heidelberg (Coach), Jim Keim ’56 (Posthumously), Kathy Lynch ’77VMA, Kayla McBride ’10VMA, Paul Mihalak ’57, Keith Nies, Ed.D. ’96, Ryan Nietupski ’98, Damion Terry ’13, the 2001 Cathedral Prep Soccer Team, and the 2009 Villa Girls Basketball Team. These 11 individuals and two teams were inducted Sept. 21 as the 14th class into the prestigious Cathedral Prep Athletic Hall of Fame and first-ever class in the Villa Maria Academy Athletic Hall of Fame.

Some notable alumni were recognized. Georgia DeMarco was a beloved teacher and coach at Villa Maria Academy for more than 30 years coaching softball and girls’ tennis.

Paul Mihalak was a standout and varsity letter winner on both the football and baseball team at Prep, and after Prep he went on to be drafted by the Detroit Tigers. He was also an NBA referee for 27 years.

Kayla McBride is one of the greatest athletes to come out of Erie. She was drafted 3rd overall in the WNBA draft and finished 3rd in rookie of the year voting.

Sr. Susan Doubet was the girls basketball coach in the late 50s and early 60s.

Keith Nies spent all his four years at Prep as a member of the varsity basketball team and scored 888 total points in his career.

Charlie Heidelberg was a coach for the football and track and field teams. He coached for 40 years at Prep.

Ryan Nietupski was on the baseball and football team. He has had many successes in both sports at Prep.

James Keim was on the golf and basketball team while he was at Prep and is well known as one of the the best golfers ever from the Erie area.

Patrick DeMarco won Prep’s first state championship as a double participant in tennis.

Damion Terry is the youngest person ever inducted into the Hall of Fame. He was a three year starter for Prep as a quarterback of the football team.

Kathy Lynch played basketball and volleyball at Villa. She is a true leader and pioneer in the world of female sports.

The 2001 boys soccer team was the first D-10 soccer team to win a PIAA state championship.

The 2009 girls basketball team won the first state championship in Villa athletics.

Keith Nies was among those honored at the September ceremony.

“I was surprised but thrilled with the news,” Nies said. “It is quite the honor, and knowing that I would be part of something bigger than me for life is something I’m honored by.”

Many are very grateful for Prep and what the school has done for them in the classroom and in athletics.

“It was perfect,” said Geoff Meyer, a member of the 2001 boys soccer team. “I was able to achieve all of my goals on and off the field. The on field successes have been well-documented. Off the field I was able to complete 27 college credits, which helped me to graduate from Bryant University in just three years.”