2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: Lindsay Armanini

Cathedral Prep senior Lindsay Armanini has a lot of extracurriculars under her belt. She is an active member on the swim team, the golf team, Outreach Club, Campus Ministry, and National Honors Society.

In particular, she has found a lot of success within student council. Lindsay first got involved in student council her freshman year.

“I started off as just a regular member of the council,” Lindsay said. “Then my sophomore year I got involved through planning events and decorating lockers at the end of the year.”

The end-of-the-year decorating that she planned is one of her favorite student council memories.

“I liked decorating the lockers because it was exciting to do something on my own,” Lindsay said. “I wanted to make an impact, and I enjoyed surprising the students behind the scenes.”

After sophomore year, Lindsay decided to get more involved, and she became secretary on the executive board her junior year. As secretary, Lindsay is in charge of keeping the council organized.

“During meetings, I keep a Word document open,” Lindsay said, “and I make a bulleted list of student council events and other important tasks that the council needs to get done.”

Lindsay and her dedication to student council is appreciated, especially by student council advisor Ms. Mackensen.

“Lindsay, is a wonderful, kind, and diligent student,” Ms Mackensen said, “and it is great to have her on our team.”

After almost four years on the council, Lindsay’s advice to students looking to get involved is to not be afraid.

“Your ideas can make a difference,” Lindsay said. “When you are on student council, you can make the school how you want it to be if you are willing to work with others, take criticism, and work with your criticism.”