2016

2015

2014

Ramblers Let it Grow

Students participate in No Shave November

Student Council began the annual “No Shave November” contest to raise money for cancer awareness.

At the end of September, bleeding into the beginning of November, Student Council was selling beard passes. These passes allow the participating men of Prep to grow facial hair during the month of November. The proceeds collected are being donated to Erie County Cancer Center, ($500 from 25 student participants).

Mr. Paul Baltzer, Student Council Co-Advisor, organized the event with help from the council members. Drew Brown, the Student Council Public Relations Officer, worked as the lead for the contest, selling the passes and collecting money. They believe it is important to the Prep and Erie communities.

“We’ve been doing it for seven years,” said Mr. Baltzer. “It gives the ability to let the students grow their beards out, and we get to raise money for charity. Plus, it’s the Erie community, which is important to the Student Council.”

The boys at Prep enjoy it because they do not have to worry about facial hair rules and can win some prizes.

“I participate because it is nice to take a break from shaving every day,” said senior Dom Bellotti, an early frontrunner in the beard contest, “and I have a good shot at winning the best beard prize.”

He believes that he can win back-to-back years, as last year he was voted best beard. This year there are three prizes: best beard, best mustache, and longest hair. The winner of each will receive a Dollar Shave Club gift card.

“November was an exciting opportunity for the men of Prep to raise money for a cause that directly benefits those impacted by cancer,” said Drew Brown. “I think it’s important to find ways to support these going through difficult times.”