2016

2015

2014

Ramblers compete with Christmas cheer

On Wednesday, Dec. 6, the Cathedral Prep student council hosted the annual door decorating contest in the classroom for the students’ respective activity groups. The contest was a way for teachers and students in the activity groups to bond, as well as a fun way to get the Christmas season started. The winning group will be decided by a group of faculty members, with the winner being announced at the assembly on Thursday, Dec. 21.

“I am very happy with how the contest ran this year,” student council member Caitlin Dugan said, “I was a bit worried about how the contest would be received with all the changes made, but it seemed to improve the competition and help spark some fun creativity with the students.”

This year, student council decided to change where the competition would be held.

“The first change that student council added was making the door decorating based in the activity groups,” student council president Clare DiGiacomo said. “Last year, we had the group based in 9th period, which worked fine, but we realized that most people do not see their activity group throughout the year. The most notable event that people tend to see their activity group at is Mary’s Day. We wanted to have an event earlier in the year where people could be introduced to their activity group prior to the end of the year.”

Student council also changed how the groups would be decorating the door.

“We wanted to add a fun twist to the decorating this year,” Clare said, “We added a mystery bag with three random items. Groups could have gotten a hot wheel or a Santa hat that they had to include on the door. Each group also received a roll of wrapping paper that needed to be included as well. We added this extra stuff so it made the competition feel new, fresh, and might get students excited to decorate the door.”

The changes to the contest were well-received by the student body.

“I really enjoyed the changes to this year’s competition,” senior Ally Nawrocki said. “I liked the added element of strategy that we had to enact because of our surprise objects. I wish all the groups the best of luck for the voting!”