2016

2015

2014

Cathedral Prep welcomes new VP Mr. Kevin Moore

The Cathedral Prep community welcomes the new Vice President of Advancement, Mr. Kevin Moore. Mr. Moore accepted this position in early January following an extensive nationwide search. He officially began his employment on Feb. 1.

“We went through a very thorough process to select Mr. Moore,” Cathedral Prep President Mr. Smith said. “We were particularly drawn to Mr. Moore because of his success at Penn State Behrend in a position that is similar to the one that he is doing now. It also was a great sign that he had great references from many people that he had worked with in the past. I am very much looking forward to work with him for several years to come.”

Even though Mr. Moore is not a Cathedral Prep graduate, he still has been familiar with Prep for a long time.

“I have lived in Erie since 1989,” Mr. Moore said. “I have had many friends that attend Prep, so I have always been familiar with the high-quality education that we offer here. I wanted to be a part of delivering that quality education to every student that comes to Prep.”

Mr. Moore wants to change the lives of students for the better, and he has a few ideas that he would like to implement.

“The first priority that I have is to reengage our alumni,” Mr. Moore said. “I feel that the recent merger may have isolated some of the alumni from either the Prep or Villa campuses. I want to try to reach out to them and bridge that gap. The other thing that I would like to try to do starting next year is starting class gifts. Basically, each class would raise a certain amount of money every year and at the end of their senior year, they would donate however much they raised to the school. The class could donate a bench or start a scholarship fund for future classes.”

Mr. Moore is looking forward to what the future has to offer for his career at Prep.

“I am truly honored to be a part of the Prep family,” Mr. Moore said. “I am glad to take part in a positive community, and I hope I can help add to that before I retire.”