2016

2015

2014

Injuries taking toll on teams early in NFL season

There have been a lot of injuries in the NFL early on this season, and many of the injuries have impacted key players.
No team has been hit harder than the Dallas Cowboys. Starting cornerback Brandon Carr hasn’t played a game yet this season. Also, Dez Bryant who got hurt in the first game of the season against the New York Giants is still out and remains out for another 6-8 weeks. Bryant had surgery and is hoping to come back in Week 7 against the same team he got hurt against, the New York Giants.
Also, Tony Romo, the starting quarterback for the Cowboys has a fractured left clavicle. Romo left the game in the third quarter of Week 2 against the Philadelphia Eagles after being tackled after he already had gotten rid of the ball. Romo will be out for a while; the Cowboys are hoping he come back in Week 11 against the Miami Dolphins, but if not, he should be back by Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers.
Another big injury happened to Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger who has s sprained MCL and a bruised bone and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Michael Vick will be the Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback until Big Ben is healthy.
Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, who tore his hamstring in Week 3 against the Miami Dolphins, will remain out for about 3-4 weeks. Another major injury in the NFL is Kelvin Benjamin, the Carolina Panthers wide receiver who will miss the whole 2015 season due to an ACL tear, which happened at practice while he was doing drills. It was also non-contact when he got hurt.