2016

2015

2014

Behind the Mike: Senior pursues passion for rap music

Cathedral Prep is home to some underground rappers that are trying to get their careers started. Prep senior Mike Carrara, who performs as Truth 814, started with an inspiration from his friends. He stated that some friends and him used to hangout and freestyle rap outside of his mom’s house. After awhile, they suggested he make a song, and from there he realized how much he enjoyed making music.
Truth’s love of music has fueled his career. He says he spends countless nights working on his sound and perfecting his beats. Besides his friends, he has many other inspirations, including Jimi Hendrix, Tupac Shakur, Wiz Khalifa, and A$AP Rocky. The music that they made first began his love for music and showed him how music is actually an art.
Truth pours his heart into every minute he puts in the studio. When asked about the time he has put into his career, he had no answer. He stated that he has honestly spent countless hours working on his music. He has posted many songs and has recently dropped a mixtape called “Hardly the Beginning” in April. This mixtape takes you through his life and the inspirations he has met through this walk of life. If you want to listen to some of his music, you can check him out on SoundCloud, ReverbNation, or his own website truth814.com.
Truth wants to take rapping from a “hobby” to the next level and make it his profession. He is the happiest while in the studio perfecting and making new music. He is looking forward to the future and wants to be able to perform concerts in the near future. He also plans to release a new mixtape “Psyche” coming out in the summer of 2016.