2016

2015

2014

Tiger Woods returns to competition

Tiger Woods returns to competition

This weekend was the weekend that golf fans all around the world have been waiting for, the return of Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods had taken a leave of absence from PGA competition for over a year. Woods made his return at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas. The tournament only consisted of 18 competitors, and Woods placed 15th overall and finished at 4 under par.
Woods finished the first round of competition with a score of 73. In this round he had a total of 5 birdies, 2 bogeys and 2 double bogeys. Not bad for his first match back in competition. The second round he showed fans the real Tiger Woods. The second round was his best round all weekend, finishing with a score of 65. This round only had birdies waiting for him, 7 of them to be exact. He finished the round bogey free.
The third round of the competition was also a good match for Woods. During the round he had 7 birdies again. Tiger finished the round with a score of 70. The fourth round was his worst showing all weekend. Tiger ended up with more bogeys than birdies in his final round. His final score for his final round was a 76.
Woods played better than most golf fans expected him to play. The Rambkler reached out to members of Prep’s golf team to get their opinions on Woods’ long awaited return. Robert Harris, Prep junior golfer said, “I think it is truly amazing not only for golf but for sports in general. He is a great athlete and it’s good to see him back in the fight.”
Mark Majewski, senior golfer, said that Woods has a real opportunity to excel. “He has the offseason to prepare himself for the Masters in April and for the rest of the season to come.”
With Woods’ hot start many are wondering they we will see the old Tiger Woods again. Senior golf team member Ryan Misko said, “I don’t think we’ll see the old tiger but something close too it.” Misko also said that Woods’ swing looks a lot better and healthier.
After this competition Woods said that he will be taking a few weeks off, but he said that he will be back soon.