2016

2015

2014

MaxPreps honors Rambler championship football team

Early last week, Cathedral Prep students heard word of an assembly that would take place in the auditorium immediately following 2nd period. As moans and sighs radiated through the halls (as the assumption was that the student body would be reprimanded for behavior, dress code, or something else), faces of shock and excitement were put on full display when they finally arrived.
The leading American high school sports website, MaxPreps, was prepared to offer the Rambler football team with high honors. While on their national Tour of Champions, they decided to stop by 225 West 9th Street last Monday. The event was sponsored by the Army National Guard and is only awarded to the top 50 football schools in the United States of America according to their rankings. It was truly a special ceremony for a very special group of people that none will soon forget.
“This team exemplifies courage, hard work, and character,” said Sergeant First Class Ryan Bisson. “Values the Army National Guard promotes and encourages.”
Cathedral Prep also finished the season ranked in 3rd nationally in the Catholic Athletes for Christ rankings, and head coach Mike Mischler earned the Catholic Athletes For Christ Top 25 Coach of the Year honors.
This all, of course, tops off perfect back-to-back seasons for the Ramblers, winning the Pennsylvania 4A state championship both times. Mischler has five current seniors committed to playing Division I football, including the likes of Penn State, Notre Dame, Iowa, Navy, and Ohio. Many more national letters of intent will possibly be signed by fellow members of this special senior class as Mischler has made that a staple of his program.
“This speaks to the accomplishments of not only our players and my staff, but to the whole community,” said Mischler. Cathedral Prep feels truly honored with the awards and recognition given to them by MaxPreps and the Army National Guard, and their gratitude reigns within each and every one of the player’s hearts.
Star wide receiver Tyler Oedekoven said, “Only 50 schools in the country get this, so it’s a tremendous honor just to be one of those names.”