2016

2015

2014

Student Profile: Drew Angelini

Andrew (Doof) Angelini is a student recognized by many in the halls of Cathedral Prep. Drew, a junior, plays football for the Ramblers. He is hoping to start next year as a receiver for Prep’s offense.
“I think I have the potential to start next year,” Drew continued, “As long as I can stay healthy and put more weight on, I think I have a serious shot at the starting position.”
Doof’s interests go outside the realm of football. He loves video games, especially the new hit Fortnite.
“It is, by far, my favorite game. Every aspect of it, in my opinion, is perfect,” Drew continued, “The fact that it’s free is just icing on the cake; I love it so much.”
Besides video games, Drew is also an avid snowboarder. He is currently a ski instructor at Peek’n Peak resort, but when he is off the clock and on the slopes, he is shredding snow on his snowboard.
“I usually stick to the terrain park at the Peak,” Drew stated, “My favorite things to do there are the rails and jumps. The next trick I plan on mastering is a backflip, which in my opinion will push me to a new level in snowboarding.”
Although Doof is a skinny guy, he can throw back a ton of food. One of his favorite places to eat is Qdoba.
“Qdoba was probably the most underrated place to eat in Erie. I feel like it got overshadowed by Moe’s and Chipotle when it deserved all the spotlight,” he said. “Ever since it closed down on Peach Street, I’ve had to substitute it with Chipotle. Chipotle is good, but it’s still second to Qdoba.”
What makes Drew such a well liked student at Prep is his ability to make others laugh.
“Drew’s a funny guy,” junior student Craig Palotas said. “He may be the funniest guy I know actually.”
“I’ve known Drew since middle school. His jokes and personality never get old,” Prep student Andy Samuels said. “Whenever I’m having a bad day, I can count on Drew to brighten it up”.
One of the most frequently asked questions by people who have never met Drew is, “Why is his nickname Doof?”
“It all goes back to freshman year,” Drew said, “I was in Computer Apps doing a project when someone pulled up a picture of Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. At first, I was a bit annoyed by the comparison. But as time went on and the name stuck, I rolled with it.”
The resemblance of him and the iconic Disney villain even appeared during one of Prep’s pep rallies.
“I kind [of] knew it was coming. But I still found it very hilarious as did everyone else,” he said.
Overall, Doof is a very entertaining and fun person. His goofy demeanor, love for football and snowboarding, and infatuation with Mexican food make him a very interesting and approachable student.