2016

2015

2014

2018 Ryder Cup Preview

This year’s Ryder Cup between Europe and the United States is setting up to be one of the greatest matchups of all time. The talent level for both teams this year is incredibly deep, and fans are sure to see some unbelievable golf in France come September 28th-30th. This year’s Cup is being held at Albatros Course of Le Golf National in France, which will surely provide an exciting layout for both teams.
Team USA has plenty of firepower, but where they really excel is in their depth. Nine of the twelve players on this year’s team have won at least one major championship. This depth will go a long way for the Sunday singles matches. This year’s head captain Jim Furyk, with assistant captains David Duval and Zach Johnson, have quite the task ahead of them trying to piece together teams that work well together.
Luke Misko, a junior and member of Cathedral Prep’s golf team, weighed in on the topic of who the USA’s most impactful player will be. “I wouldn’t be shocked if [Justin Thomas] went unbeaten, as Thomas is somewhat of a painter when he plays; the club is his brush and the course is his canvas,” he said. “I expect JT to create a Picasso-like masterpiece in France, and I believe he will have the biggest impact for Team USA in this year’s Ryder Cup.”
Justin Thomas certainly brings a fiery attitude to this year’s team that will go a long way towards the end of the Cup. The U.S. has the talent to get a win, but the true test will come from playing in front of a hostile European crowd.
As for the home team, it seems that Europe has been made the underdog in this matchup. Although this team does have lots of Ryder Cup experience, the overall talent level just doesn’t seem to match up with USA from top to bottom. Although they may be underdog, it is important to not underestimate their home field advantage. The fiery Europeans are going to be able to feed off of an electric crowd and might be able to ride that momentum to a win. The emotional leaders of this year’s European team have to be the Spaniards. The energy that these players bring to the table cannot be overlooked. Whether it be veteran Sergio Garcia or young gun Jon Rahm, these guys can flip the momentum of the whole Cup in one match. 
This year’s cup is bound to be a great one. Europe’s got home field advantage and they’re going to want to protect it with all they’ve got. The USA is going to do all that they can to spoil Europe’s party. Even the most anti-golf sports fans should tune in to watch some of the action at the end of this month. Many people say that golf is a boring sport to watch, which is a fair argument, but you’ll see reactions and emotions from the players that is not the norm for a professional golf tournament. You’ll see screaming, dancing, chanting, and a whole lot of birdies too! Safe to say, sports fans everywhere are in for a real treat when the players will tee it up in France on the 28th of September.