2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: Nick Cacchione

Nick Cacchione is a senior at Cathedral Prep and has been running his own T-shirt company from home for the past few months because he takes great joy in this hobby. He is also a staff writer of The Rambler, a member of the rally crew, and a CYO basketball all-star. Mainly, he is a proud owner of the Cashirt T-shirt company.

He makes T-shirts for companies such as Dr. Leonard’s dental office. He even designed a logo for the company to use on the shirt, and they loved it and went with it. Aside from printing the T-shirts, it appears he is very skilled at the creative aspect of designing the logos that go on them as well. He also has created unique designs for many fellow Prep students. Whenever you see a student walking the halls with a T-shirt that has a supreme box logo with “Ramblers” in the box instead of supreme, you would be correct in assuming that Nick created it.

Nick stopped working at his summer job and picked up making shirts as a hobby, but he makes some money off of it as well. The shirts he creates are so unique and original that fellow students and businesses will pay for the product. This hobby soon turned into a business that he calls “Cashirt.”

“I have had around 20 students buy shirts off me so far and two or three companies ask for logos and shirts as well,” Nick said. “I enjoy seeing people wear my shirts around and I think it’s cool that I created them, I also have had about 80 students ask me for designs recently.”

Any good businessman has plans for the future of his business. Although there are a handful of different approaches one can take to running a small business, Nick has his short term goals set. “I will continue this throughout college by bringing my T-shirt making machine with me in my dormitory and starting social networking profiles for my T-shirt company to hopefully drive in more business,” Nick said.

Some people might see this as a sort of a joke, but Nick actually does take pride in his shirts and his company. He resigned from his part time job at Dick’s Sporting Goods after the summer and shifted his focus onto solely making tee shirts, driving in more business, and putting smiles on more customers faces. “I love making T-hirts because they’re easy to make, and I love the warmth of the T-shirt after the press,” Nick commented about his interest in the process of making T-shirts.

Nick is an entrepreneur and a very creative, hardworking person. Many people might not know about his company, Cashirt, but that is why we gave him the opportunity to talk about his passion for his craft. Although Nick refuses to give up the secret of his ways and how he actually makes the shirts, he is very good at whatever it is he does. Cashirt is on the rise with many new shirts coming out for sale soon.

The Rambler wishes Nick the best of luck on his journey with the Cashirt company.