2016

2015

2014

Students participate in Box Village charity event

Cathedral Prep hosted the 7th annual Box Village at Prep on Saturday, and the turnout was one of the highest in its history. Box Village is a charity event where students from Cathedral Prep sleep outside in a box overnight and do many acts of service throughout the night. Around 150 students participated in this homelessness awareness event and helped do their part.

At around 3 p.m., students set up their boxes and attempted to get as warm as possible. Blankets, tarps, lamps, and many other comforting things could be found in the students’ boxes where they would be sleeping overnight. At 6 p.m. students participated in adoration and spent time with the Lord.

Students took turns standing on the corner of 9th and Sassafras with signs, encouraging passersby to donate to the Emmaus Soup Kitchen.

“We stood on the corner and asked people to donate to the kitchen,” said senior Noah Guanzon. “We raised a good amount of money to donate to those who need it.” Well, over $1,000 was raised for those in need.

Time was taken throughout the night to write Christmas letters to veterans. “We went to Ian’s room, sat down, and we decorated a whole bunch of cards to wish the veterans Happy Holidays,” said senior Andrew Czarnecki.

Box Village was filled with service, thanksgiving, and fun for the student body. After successfully raising over $1,000 for charity and showing solidarity with the homeless and hungry, Cathedral Prep has done a great job serving the Erie community.