2016

2015

2014

Teachers honor Class of 2020 online

Recently, a handful of teachers have been submitting videos to Erie News Now of themselves giving their personal farewells and well wishes to the senior class of 2020. I’m sure that these teachers would have loved to have said goodbye in person, but this gesture is about as close as they could get, and the students are loving it.

Mr. Parsons, history teacher at Cathedral Prep, talks about the strength and resilience that the graduates from this particular class have and how going through this difficult time will build character for the rest of our lives. Aside from being a great history teacher, Mr. Parsons has always taught his classes about life and how to handle what is coming in the future. Anyone who had Mr. Parsons in class knows that he’s rooting for everyone to do well and stay strong!

🎓 HONORING THE CLASS OF 2020: Tony Parsons | Social Studies Teacher | Cathedral Preparatory School | Prep-Villa

Posted by Erie News Now on Monday, May 11, 2020

Mr. Hubert also had some very kind and reminiscent words to share about the class. He started his video off with a very precise trashketball shot, swishing the no looker. Mr. Hubert went on to talk about many of the things that his class taught his students and helped them to prepare for future English classes. Anyone who has had Mr. Hubert in a class could never even think about forgetting metacognition and rhetoric. As the class of 2020 looks back on their academic careers at Cathedral Prep, it is lessons like these that are unforgettable. Rhetoric and metacognition are almost like Mr. Achille’s famous definition of linear. Unforgettable.

🎓 HONORING THE CLASS OF 2020: Matt Hubert | English Department Chair | Cathedral Prep | Prep-Villa

Posted by Erie News Now on Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mr. Biebel, senior physics teacher, also shared a few words while on his bike ride. He speaks of how proud he is of this particular senior class and how he hopes that this makes us stronger moving on in the future. The senior class could never forget Mr. Biebel’s fun class lessons and his infamous Christian readings. Mr. Biebel signed off of his video by saying, “good luck, God bless, and Godspeed.”

🎓 HONORING THE CLASS OF 2020: Angus Biebel | Physics Teacher | Cathedral Preparatory School | Prep-Villa

Posted by Erie News Now on Sunday, May 10, 2020

I would like to extend a personal thank you to these teachers and all of my teachers that I had at Cathedral Prep. Aside from being good teachers, any Cathedral Prep teacher will go out of their way to make sure that everything is going well for you. These videos help demonstrate how much teachers care about their students. The class of 2020 and I appreciate everything that our teachers have done for us. Roll Ramblers!