2016

2015

2014

Athlete of the Month: January

The Rambler is back with Athlete of the Month for the month of January. There has been a lot of action with Prep sports, and a lot has happened over the month, but senior Liam Galla has had the most impact with his recent play.

He started off January with a 31-point game against McDowell for Prep’s second straight win over their rival. He then helped the team to start off the season with a 7-0 start before falling to Meadville.

The Ramblers then bounced back with two more wins to finish off January, including another win against McDowell to make that three wins over them this season.

In January, Liam had a very impressive run with 5 games over 15 points. The Ramblers have a lot of momentum and hope to keep that going for the rest of the season.

“We keep the momentum for the rest of the season by continuing to play as a team,” Liam said. “We have all played well together and came together nicely as the season has progressed, and we need to keep that up.”

Liam has stepped up this year to be a leader for a younger squad this season and seems to be fitting in that role nicely.

“My job is to lead this team,” Liam said. “Coach Pio has challenged me all year to become a leader, and I finally feel like I am doing my role to make sure we have the best team we possibly can.”

Liam and his team looks to continue this hot start and hopefully lead the Ramblers to a state championship. 

Honorable Mentions

Khali Horton has been great to start the basketball season. The sophomore has been tearing it up with Galla, as both of them have led the team in scoring so far. 

Dominic Peterson had 5 points in 4 games, scoring 2 goals and helping on 3. Peterson looks to keep putting up the numbers to help a struggling Ramblers hockey team. 

The Cathedral Prep wrestling team has had a lot of key contributors with their 6-1 record in January. They look to take this momentum and carry it all the way to the state championship.