2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: John Moore (‘00)

Cathedral Prep has seen almost 100 years of students, teachers and faculty throughout the history of the school. Some families have carried on the tradition of attending Cathedral Prep from generation to generation due to their strong beliefs in our school. John Moore, class of 2000, is a prime example of a man of Prep.

Moore is husband and a father of three daughters. He’s a great man, neighbor, and member of the community. Moore decided to attend Prep for his interest in golf since Prep had a good golf team and also because his father was a coach on the football team. His father began coaching football at Prep when Moore was 10 years old.

Cathedral Prep taught Moore some valuable life lessons, and he thanks Prep for teaching him accountability of his own actions.

“You must be prepared to take accountability for your actions and decisions,” Moore said.

One of the things he enjoyed about Prep was how demanding and competitive it was to be there.

“If you wanted to be the best in the class or on the field, you’d have to work at it,” he said.

Moore enjoyed playing golf all four years at Prep while being a captain his senior year. He says it meant a lot for him to make the team considering there were only one or two open roster spots per year. He says his greatest high school achievement was winning the Jack Sitterle Award as a senior on the golf team.

His favorite memories at Prep included his first McDowell match as a sophomore along with the 1999 football season because his dad and his grandfather, who graduated in 1947, were both coaches on that team.

Moore said his favorite thing about Prep was the friendships he made during his four years there. He’s still friends with most of his classmates that he went to school with, though, unfortunately, most of them have moved out of Erie.

He enjoys looking back on his great memories at Prep and is thankful for the friendships he made in his time there.

Prep taught him the importance of study and preparation, and currently uses those skills at HUB International, which is a large insurance firm. Moore continues to make Prep proud with his hard work and care for others.