2016

2015

2014

The Masters kicks off another year of golf’s major championships

The Masters is one of the most highly anticipated sporting events every year. Showcasing some of the best golfers in the world, this championship continues to intrigue more spectators. With some of the best young players in the world with the likes of Jason Day and Jordan Spieth, as well as some seasoned vets like Phil Mickelson and Angel Cabrera, this year’s tournament should not disappoint.
Last year’s victor, Jordan Spieth, looks to build upon the stellar season he had last year, with a win at the Masters being a perfect start. Spieth dominated the field last year, winning by 4 strokes and tying Tiger Woods for the lowest 72-hole score at 270.
Perhaps one of the biggest surprises is Tiger Woods deciding not to play in the tournament. Tiger has had to deal with a number of health issues over the last few years and appears to still not be fully recovered. Hopefully the rest of the field can fill in some of the excitement only Tiger could bring to the spectators.
The field consists of a number of different golfers that look primed for a breakout performance. Jason Day should be riding the wave of first major win last year at the PGA championship and always seems to be a late contender at Augusta. Spieth, however, continues to impress fans of all levels and is very familiar with pressure situations.
My dark horse candidate to win is Keegan Bradley. He has fallen out of relevance recently, but his driving bodes well for him on the long Augusta National course. My favorite to bring home the green jacket is Rickie Fowler. Rickie has still still yet to win a major championship and always seems falls only a few shots out of the lead. He has hit the second most greens in regulation on tour, so as long as his driver stays reliable he should be a tough contender to beat.