2016

2015

2014

Tennis Tournaments in Review

Over the past two months, the last two tournaments on the tennis calendar, the Paribas Masters and the O2 London Finale, took place. Although not as highly watched as Wimbledon or the Olympics, there was a slew of talent in each tournament, and both were very exciting to say the least.
The BNP Paribas Masters, held in Paris, France, was a doozy this year. Taking place in late October to early November, this proved to be another great tournament. Defending champion David Ferrer made another jaw dropping run to the finals, beating world number one ranked Rafael Nadal in the semifinals, but he eventually fell short to champion Novak Djokovic.
This past week in London, the final tournament of the year took place for the tennis elite; the likes of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Juan Martin del Poltro all participated, and did very well. Many great matches took place at the O2, most notably the grueling two hour-plus match between del Poltro and Federer, with Federer eventually prevailing. It looked to be Nadal’s tournament after he earned his first ever hard court win over Federer in the semis, but he was eventually dominated by Djokovic in the finale.
Djokovic has proven to be the real Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen: he is number one.