2016

2015

2014

Senior class joins together for final fall retreat

The senior class went on their class retreat to Saint Francis Xavier in McKean on Wednesday, Sept. 13. The day was packed with activities and planned by campus ministry for the class to enjoy, build relationships, and make new memories to start their final year of high school.

“I really enjoyed the senior class retreat,” senior Sofia Falvo said. “The retreat gives everyone in the class a chance to bond with out classmates who we might not see on a regular day-to-day basis within the school. That part is definitely my favorite about the retreat.”

The first part of the day saw the class gather into the church to watch a TED talk about confession and the benefits that it has on their lives.

“I thought that the TED talk gave us a positive start to our day,” senior Clare DiGiacomo said. “It reminded us that God has always been and will always be the center of everything that we do in our life.”

The next part of the day involved workstations that the students signed up for at the beginning of the day. These stations included activities like making posters for people in elder care, a leadership activity, and a Bible study.

“The activities were a new and fun part of the retreat this year,” senior Ellie Brugger said. “The activities offered us a chance to grow closer to God, to each other, and just were a very fun thing to do during our day!”

These activities, and the retreat as a whole, required a good amount of planning and organization that was done by campus ministry.

“We met two or three times in the last few weeks,” Campus Minister Mrs. Grenci said. “Mr. Bell and Mr. Vicary were both very helpful and understanding throughout the planning process. I am very happy with how the retreat went, especially with how unorganized it was last year. I am glad we learned what we did from last year’s retreat because I am so proud of everyone for making the day a day to remember.”

The final part of the day saw the entire class gather back into the Church to end the day with Mass.

“Mass at the end of the day was an amazing idea,” senior Sara Chase said. “It was a beautiful way to end our day of growing closer to each other by giving God our thanks and our worship.”