2016

2015

2014

Legacy Gala 2024: “Igniting Excellence”

On Saturday, March 16, Cathedral Prep continued to ignite excellence through the annual Legacy Gala. This event, held at the Bayfront Convention Center, involves raising money for the school and inducting dedicated alumni into the President’s Hall of Fame. This year Prep honored Bridget (Power) Barber ‘70VMA and Joseph E. Kloecker ‘70CP. The event also included 22 student ambassadors. These students completed multiple tasks throughout the night.

“I worked at the mobile bidding table and helped teach people how to bid online,” senior Olivia Kallner said. “The other ambassadors helped people check, took information for the live auction, and greeted alumni throughout the event. This is a very fun night, and it gives students the opportunity to connect with our donors and alumni.”

This event is a wonderful opportunity for the chosen students to represent the school and show donors how grateful students are.

Senior Dan Oblich recognized this honor of being selected.

“I feel very appreciated to have been chosen,” Dan said, “as it gives me the opportunity to show how much I care about the school. It also seemed like the guests liked having us their and seeing what the current students are like.”

The guests also showed their appreciation through donations with the event raising over $300,000 from 44 sponsors and over 130 donors. This money was raised through the mobile auction, the live auction (led by Fr. Mike Demartinis) and the Tuition Angels. Contributions from the Tuition Angels help fund student’s financial aid, ensuring the accessibility of getting an education here at Cathedral Prep. The student ambassadors shared their thankfulness for our donors.

“It is heartwarming to know that so many generous donors want to see our school thrive,” Olivia said. “No matter their background, these individuals continue to show up for the Prep community.”

Dan echoed a similar sentiment.

“It makes me happy to see that these people have dedicated their time and money to the school,” Dan said. “It inspires me to one day show the same dedication to my alma mater.