2016

2015

2014

Rambler wrestling team rolls to perfection against East

Freshman Matt (left) and junior Michael Stark (right) celebrate their 84-0 win over East.

Freshman Matt Carr (left) and junior Michael Stark (right) celebrate their 84-0 win over East.

The Cathedral Prep wrestling team was in action last night against the East High Warriors at home. What was to follow was a feat not accomplished by most. The Ramblers recorded a perfect score in the meet, defeating the Warriors 84-0.
During the meet, the Ramblers were given six forfeits in the 106, 160, 182, 195, 220, and heavyweight classes due to the Warriors not having a participant. Make no mistake, however, the Rambler wrestling team executed to near perfection in the course of the matches they actually competed in.
Ta’Nauz “Junkyard” Gregory, Brandon Sauers, and Connor Wurst all pinned their opponents in less then one minute. Another jaw-dropping statistic for the Ramblers was the fact that in each match a Rambler wrestler recorded a pin. One of the more exciting matches of the night was 113-pound freshman wrestler Tyler McKinney scoring a pin with only 4.7 seconds left in the final period to keep the streak alive.
Also, 170-pound freshman wrestler Ian Malesiewski solidified the perfect score with a pin in the final contested match of the night. After the meet, junior captain Brandon Sauers said, “It was an all around team effort. Everyone did their job and gave 100 percent. It’s going to be a great season.”
With the win, the Ramblers extend their record to 4-0 on the year and will look to make it a 5-0 start tomorrow night at home when the team will be facing off against Fort LeBoeuf, which will more than likely be the Ramblers’ toughest opponents up to this point in the season.