2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite class you have taken at Prep or Villa?

As the first semester came to a close, The Rambler staff wrote about their favorite class they have taken at Prep or Villa so far.

Colin Bish

Definitely Journalism. It’s the one class that I look forward to because there’s always an opportunity to write about something that intrigues me. It’s a big reason as to why I’ve increased my writing skill over the last couple years, which is giving me direction in my college search. I’ve looked into colleges mainly looking for sports journalism. It’s a tough class, but it has the feeling of a competitive workplace where [the teacher] challenges everyone to do our best work.

Olivia Buckel

My favorite class that I have taken at Villa is my sophomore English class with Ms. C-F. I have always been a more English and creative person rather than STEM, and this class just solidified that and helped me gain confidence in my abilities. The papers we wrote and the assignments we took on were all very useful in the real world, and I never felt unfulfilled or like I was doing busy-work. The research paper that we did was especially useful. On top of that, Ms. C-F has the ability to make a class fun and exciting while still being educational. I always laughed every day that I was there, and it was a definite bright spot in my day. I hope to take more classes with Ms. C-F in the future.  

Cole Corapi

Throughout my time at Prep I have been able to take a variety of different classes that really peaked my interest. Out of all of them though I would have to say my favorite class is a tie between Journalism class and junior year Theology. Journalism has really shown me a lot and has shown me that I really have an interest in journalism as a career path even. But if I were to choose one it would have to be my junior year Theology class. My favorite teacher of all time, Mr. Duncan, was such a good teacher and not only taught us about our faith but also taught us a lot about life and things that I can carry on through life.  

Rue Daniels

My favorite class that I have taken at Villa were those with Mrs. Martin. Her psychology classes are what inspired me to peruse a career in the field. Child Psychology and psychology honors made me more aware of the complexity of each individual’s unique perspective in the world. It induced a mindset ran by solidarity and empathy for humanity. 

Maddie Hess

My favorite class here at Villa was for sure Textile Design. I loved this class because my friends Taylor and Leah were in it. Textile included sewing, embroidery, needle point, crocheting, and many more. The class reminded me of my childhood as well because I grew up with my grandma teaching me to crochet and sew. Textile Design was so much fun because I was good at the skills we learned and my best friends were in it.

Bryce Kalie

My favorite class taken here at Cathedral Prep has to be Public Speaking. Public Speaking is a class taught by Mrs. Vomero and it helps build confidence when talking in front of people. I took this class freshman year during the first semester. This class helped me make new friends that have always been there for me which I’m great fun for. This class taught me many things, and after I was done with the class I saw a boost in my presentation skills. Nonetheless I would recommend Public Speaking to any incoming freshman or anyone that hasn’t taken it because it’s truly awesome

Sam Louie

I’ve enjoyed a lot of classes Prep throughout my four years. Most of them were enjoyable only because I didn’t do a lot of work or I had most of my friends in the classes. However, my favorite had to be taking Creative Writing during my junior year. Although it wasn’t for either of those reasons, I enjoyed it because I found a new way to express myself. It was a way to document my life through different forms of writing such as poetry and short stories. It taught me a lot and helped me to take a closer look at myself.

Jack Rouch

My favorite class at prep in the first semester was Public Speaking. I liked this class because I think it will be a very valuable class to have taken in my future. This class taught me the art of public speaking and it will help me with my future jobs. This class also made me a lot more comfortable to speak in front of crowds

What is your favorite class ever? Share your response in the comments.