2016

2015

2014

Movie night starts new tradition at Prep

The Cathedral Prep community joined together on Saturday, Sept. 23, to enjoy the first annual movie night that was organized and hosted by the Cathedral Prep admissions team. The event, held at the Hagerty Family Events Center, included a showing of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and food catered by Jimmy John’s.

“I enjoyed spending the night outside,” senior Seth Daniels said. “I liked that I could go to the events center for something other than a sporting event. It was a really nice and refreshing change of pace.”

This event was the first like it to happen at Prep, and because of that, it required a lot of preparation to successfully pull off.

“The first obstacle we had to get through was getting a movie license,” vice president of enrollment management Mr. Dougherty said. “We wanted to get a few different movies for our students to choose from, and that was easier than we had expected it to be. Next, we got the information out about the event as quickly as possible. The events center staff also did a test run a few days before the event to make everything run as smoothly as possible.”

During the event, the admissions team was able to see how the night played out, and they were happy with the result.

“I was ecstatic for how well the event went,” Mr. Dougherty said. “It was amazing to see all of the families at the events center, watching the movie, and having a great night. It also could not have been better weather wise. It was just an all-around fun night.”

Even though the event ran smoothly, the admissions team still believes that there is improvement for next time.

“We are very happy with our initial success,” Mr. Dougherty said. “We are going to try to do a movie night in both the spring and fall. The company that installed the projector systems at the events center is coming back to train our staff in order to provide an even better experience for the students who attend. I hope to see even more people at our next movie night!”